Thursday, July 31, 2008

Note to JANES

Dear JANES,

We are gearing up for the next season of JANES and I am so excited about the opportunities that God has laid before us. Mark your calendars for the JANES Expo, coming September 20-21. This is our annual showcase of the ministries that we will offer and we can't wait for you to see what's coming up!

On a personal note, the seasons in my life are changing as well. This month I will have the privilege of becoming a mother-in-law to the most precious girl. She has been a part of our family for about 4 years now and I can't believe she will soon be officially ours! I have been reading in the book of Ruth quite a bit lately and God has revealed His Word to me from a fresh perspective. I've always related more to Ruth's circumstances and Naomi, Ruth's mother-in-law, has been more of a supporting actress. But now that I am about to gain a daughter-in-love, Naomi has taken center stage. I have a new responsibility now and my desire is that, like Naomi, the life I live would always point to the Lord I love.

I'm not sure what season you're in, but I know that God's Word is alive and active and He will speak to you exactly where you're at. As summer comes to an end and you reflect on all that God has done in the last few months, I pray that you can see how He has accomplished His purposes in and through your life. He is faithful and I know that He has great plans for you, in this season and the ones to come!

Blessings!

deedee

No comments: