Friday, September 5, 2008

The Only that Counts...

Dear JANES,

As I sit at my computer and try to form sentences that actually make sense, the truth is I'm about to bust with excitement and I can't think straight! We are entering the beginning of a new season for women's ministry and I am so excited about all that God is doing! We have the Expo coming up, new bevies, coveys, hometeams and Bible studies, all starting up within the next month. We've also got some cool events planned and a conference you won't believe on the horizon!!! There is definitely a place for each and every woman to find her niche. I am praying that God will provide the leaders that we need (yes, we need more!). And I'm praying that each and every one of you will find sweet fellowship with other women and a deeper relationship with our God, who treasures you above all else.

There's lots going on around here, but I want you to know that JANES exists to build Christ-centered community with the women of BAF and our community. We have the people, the facilities and resources, and we have the Spirit of the Most High God who is our King. Nothing should be able to stop us from making a marked and irreversible difference in the lives of the women who cross our paths. So as you meet, grow together, and have some fun, I pray that you are always sensitive and aware of the spoken, and often unspoken, needs of those around you. I read, just this morning, a scripture that simplifies it for us and it is this:

"...The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galatians 5:6b (NIV)

You have the ability to change your world...to love your world. It's the power of Christ in you!

Blessings!

deedee

No comments: